Pages

Sunday, January 29, 2012

Love God, Love People, Serve the World

The title of this entry is the title of the new sermon series at my new church.  It is also the theme of the entire church.  Up until recently I have attended the same church I was baptized in.  I grew up in that church, and my mom and I were a part of the church choir.

Through a lot of praying and soul searching I decided I needed to look for a new church to call home.  A wonderful co-worker of mine suggested the church that she is a part of.  I have been attending that church for a few months now, and I sang with the Halleluia Chorus at Christmas.  Today I decided to take the leap and join this new church.  I also made a commitment to join the choir as a regular member.

My husband and I (he is sooooo wonderful) attended a Welcome class today after the regular service.  They provided us with a new Bible, written in a more "friendly" language.  The bible I currently own has not been open very often (I am ashamed to say), it is very "pretty" if you know what I'm talking about.  This new bible is going to get read, and highlighted, and worn with use.

I am very excited for this new path I am on.  I think it is going to bring a lot of wonderful things to my life, and I hope to be a wonderful part of someone else's life through this new church.  I feel like God has been pushing me to make a change for a while now, and I was too afraid.  Now that I have made the leap I can see all the wonderful new adventures that are going to be a part of this new path.

Love God, Love People, Serve the World!

1 comment:

  1. I am so happy for you Rachel, and I am really excited to see what God has in store for you. To get the chance to work with you AND serve with you...Yeah!!!

    ReplyDelete