Pages

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Gel Nails and Konad Stamping

So I got myself a mani and pedi last week for my sisters bachelorette party weekend...I love having my nails perfessionally done, they look so much better!!!  I got the gel nail polish... I've had it before, and I really love the look...plus they last so much longer!


Such a pretty color!!!  I got the same color on my toesies...not gel, but a matching color from OPI.
My weekend was very eventful...stripper poles and everything!  LOL!!!
Needless to say my mani got a little cracked....see my pointer and middle finger.


I got my nail stamper in the mail before I left, and I was very excited to use it...plus I wanted to see how it worked over my gel manicure.  But first I had to fix the cracks in my nails...I didn't have a color that matched exactly, but this Orly color was close...Who's Who Pink....so much better!!!


I ordered my nail stamper off Amazon...I got the stamper and scraper from Konad.  I used the scraper at first...a lot of people suggested a old plastic gift card because the scraper scratches the image plates.  I didn't have any trouble with the scratching, but I do like the gift card better.  The scraper removes too much polish...personal preference.


I also ordered 3 Konad nail polishes....you can try polish you have at home, and it may work depending on the design and desired look, but these are thicker and work a little better.


I ordered 25 different image plates from Bundle Monster...and the start to my nail stamping adventure was complete!!!


This was the image plate that I decided to use...I used the geometric square pattern.  You brush nail polish on the silver plate, remove the access polish with a scraper or gift card, stamp the image plate, and transfer the stamp to your nail....its really that easy.  I got it on the first try...no trouble at all  :)


Ta-Da!!!  See....got it on the first try!!!  Yippy!!!



First color complete...I liked it, but I wanted to do more...so I did the same design (at a different angle), I used the silver Konad polish.


Awesome!!!  But I really wanted to see how the stamp worked with the none Konad polish....it took a few tries, but I found one!  It works pretty nice with Sally Hansen 10 Day No Chip, Always Amithist (on a side note, this polish is pretty old, and does not last 10 days...it doesn't even last 3)  The thicker the polish the better it works....that's why old polishes are a good option.


Time to clean up around the edges...


It's a pretty messy process...make sure you protect your surfaces...a small paper plate works well.  Also, make sure you clean the image plate a bit after each stamp.


 Add a top coat and you are ready to roll.  I used my trusty Seche Vite....beautiful!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment