Pages

Thursday, July 12, 2012

Experimenting with Gelish polish :)

I know I haven't blogged in a while, I was on vacation, then I just got busy, and kinda forgot to :)
Anyhoo....I've been doing some experimenting with Gelish polishes.
Here are my results...

Below is a mani I did at the beach.  In order to use a Konad stamper with gel nail polish just do your bottom coat and coats of color, (as you normally would) then use the nail cleanser (which is basically alcohol) to get rid of the sticky-ness, then stamp as you normally would, let it dry, and add the top coat, put hands under the light, and DONE!  :)


Here is a mani I did on my brother's girlfriend, Ashley.  I used a gel top and bottom coat, but used a regular polish with the Konad stamper.  It's called a Gelish sandwich.  Her nails started chipping the next day.  However the nails that I stamped had Seche Vite on them, and they didn't chip....I however had better results...keep reading....


A different mani/pedi....I did this design free hand!  Go me!!!






This mani however was a disaster.  I did Gelish bottom coat, 3 coats of color, 1 coat of Seche Vite, and Gelish top coat...I don't think I let the colors dry long enough and that's why it rippled...not pretty at all!



I tried to fix my screw up by trying a straw mani I saw on Pinterest (I think I use too many colors...it wasn't good either)




I should have stopped here with two colors...well next time :)


Yuck!


And yuckier!


I decided to go ahead and remove this disaster of a mani and start over.


This is my current mani which I love.  I used Gelish top coat, 3 coats of Sinful Colors Cinderella (love this color), 1 coat of Seche Vite, Konad stamp each nail...let dry for a while (very important step), and finish off with Gelish top coat.  I have been wearing this mani for 5 days!  I think its pretty safe to say that for the most part you can use regular polish in-between Gelish top and bottom coat and get the same (or at least similar) results!




No comments:

Post a Comment