Pages

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Purple Shimmer Mani

This is not a gel mani...I'm giving my nails a break from gel this week, and they desperately needed a trim.
 Anyway, I got two China Glaze Shimmer Crackle colors a few weeks ago, and I was looking forward to using them.  I was let down by the HUGE lack of crackle, however its a beautiful shimmer.


I started out with Salon Sciences Instant Artificials...this is an awesome bottom coat.  I only use one coat, but you can use two, it makes your nails a lot stronger!  Make sure to always seal in the edges of your nails with EVERY coat of polish!  This is the key to lasting mani's!!!  Trust me!!!


I then painted two coats of Sinful Colors Amethyst...I really love this line of polish, its cheap, and they have a ton of really fun colors.

I then added one coat of Seche Vite, the miracle top coat!

Just an FYI...I was doing my nails (thinking I had longer to get ready to go out with the hubby) I had just added the top coat of Seche Vite, and hubs says "You gonna be ready in 5 min?"
Thanks to this miracle top coat I was able to run upstairs, change, do hair and make-up, and not mess up a single nail!! 
(BTW...I got ready in 10 min...yeah, I'm awesome)


When we got back I added one coat of China Glaze Crackle Latticed Lilac.  I can see why this color was on sale....no crackle!!!  Now, I did a thin coat because with China Glaze's regular crackle you get thin cracks from a thin coat, and thick cracks from a thick coat....so its possible that I would get some crackle if I used a thicker coat.  No problemo though!  I really like the final result!  The purple shimmer is really pretty, even though it didn't turn out the way I thought.

And of coarse my toesies match my fingers (don't they kinda have to)  :)
BTW...I've been wearing this mani for 4 days (in fact these pictures were taken on day 4)
Just goes to show that sealing your nails is the key!  It's a must do!


The products I used:
- Salon Sciences Instant Artificials
- Sinful Colors Amethyst
- Seche Vite
- China Glaze Crackle Latticed Lilac


No comments:

Post a Comment