Pages

Sunday, May 5, 2013

I made a Chalkboard!

Although I am not really all that crafty...I wish I was.  I found a really good chalkboard tutorial online here.  I enjoy this girls website, and she is quite crafty with her chalkboard.

I decided this would be a fun project, and it really wasn't that hard!

First you need to go shopping at your local goodwill store and get a large picture.  Make sure it has a good backing...your just going to throw away the actual picture.  So look for a frame that you like with a good sturdy back (not paper).


Throw away the picture, and paint the backing with chalkboard paint.  I got mine at JoAnn's, but you can also get the paint at Michaels, or Home Depot.








I used two coats and let it dry for an hour in-between (according to the directions).  Then you let the board dry for 24 hours before using chalk on it.


I also painted the frame to match my dining room.


All finished!  I really love the way it turned out!  What do you think?


No comments:

Post a Comment