Pages

Saturday, August 18, 2012

It's the Simple Things

It's the small things in life that make it wonderful.
I got to spend some time with my baby niece today at a bridal shower for my to-be sister-in-law. 




 I love shower's!  Everyone gets dressed up, the food is wonderful, you get to see people you don't get to see often.  Stories are shared, smiles are given, love is spread.
Women love to tell stories and share life experiences.  Sometimes the advice is unsolicited ;) and sometimes it's helpful.  I love hearing women tell stories of when they got married, or when their babies were little.  You can see the scenes re-playing in their eyes as they remember that event, that feeling.
Story-telling is something that we, as humans, have always done.  It is a time honored tradition that I am proud to take part in.

On another note.....I really need something (someone) else to take pictures of.  My hubby isnt exactly photogenic, that leaves me and the dog.  I'm not going to lie and say that 'I'm not vain', cause I kinda am...I admit it.  But I also just really like playing with my camera....cant wait till I get a good one!  Maybe Christmas :)









No comments:

Post a Comment