Pages

Friday, March 25, 2016

Family Hike

It's so nice when I have a break from school, and I get to just be "Mommy" for a few days.  Sometimes our family time gets replaced by all the other things in our life.  The to-do list just keeps getting longer, and the things that are "wants" and not "needs" just get pushed lower and lower.  I make sure to spend time with Colton, and Chris spends tons of time with him, but we don't always spend time together as a family.




Chris and Colton will often go to the local hiking spot when I'm at work, and I've been wanting to do this as a family for weeks.  Finally, we had the day off, the beautiful weather, and the time to do it.





There is something to be said for getting a little exercise, lots of fresh air, sunshine, and some much needed family time all together.  It's just good for the soul.  We hiked for almost 3 hours, and all three of us loved every minute.  We let Colton walk the trail when it was wide and flat.  He loves to pick up every rock he can get his little hands on, and point out every bird he sees.  He wants to name everything he can, and when he doesn't know the word for it, he wants you to tell him.  











I think a couple people thought we were crazy when we took the stroller on some of these trails.  (In fact there were a few spots where I carried Colton, and Chris carried the stroller)  But really, for the most part all you need is a good stroller.  We have put ours through the ringer, and let me tell you, it - is - AWESOME!  We have taken it hiking, and really, serious hiking.  We have taken it on the beach through the deepest of sand.  We have even used in the ocean, seriously.  It's a fantastic stroller!




Rant about the stroller over :) Really, I am just happy to have been able to spend this time with my family.  And I'm even happier to have this time off school to recharge and get in some much needed cuddles with my favorite guy.



xoxo - Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment