Pages

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Crack-A-Lackin

I have found a fellow blogger who has the most amazing nail design ideas, tips and tricks.  You can find her blog here : http://chloesnails.blogspot.com/ 

I have had some amazing fun this week with my nails...


The nail godess (that's what I'm going to call her....because that's what she is) uses scotch tape for a lot of her designs.  Above is actually my second try.  I didn't own a quick dry top coat when I tried the first time.  The above was done with Essie's quick dry top coat.  Today I purchased some Seche Vite...the goddess highly recommends it...I'll let you know what I think.
For the above design I used Essie's oui madame over my whole nail...waited for it to dry, used Essie's quick dry top coat...taped off a section and used China Glaze's For Audrey over 2/3 of my nail...waited for it to dry, then applied the top coat...taped off another section and painted the tip with Essie's School of Hard Rocks.

Because of all the layers of polish, the paint job only lasted two days..but is pretty cool none the less.

Now I am sporting some China Glaze Crackle, and I'm lovin it!  It's such a unique look!
I started with my Instant Artificials base coat (my nails have been breaking a lot these last few weeks...between the piano and the ukulele, I just can't keep the from breaking).  I then used two coats of Orly's Passion Fruit...I loved the color so much I almost didn't do the crackle.  I read a few reviews about crackling, and most people said use a top coat over polish, before the crackle...so I did.


             
Then I used China Glaze's Cracked Concrete to complete the look...I also crackled my toesies!!!







No comments:

Post a Comment