Pages

Monday, April 30, 2012

I have a Dirty Secret!


I have always been a fan of dry shampoo.  It's been years since I washed my hair everyday!  If you asked me in high school I would tell you I have very greasy hair...it would be dirty by the end of the day.  Now some of this was teenage hormones, and the fact that I touched my hair all day long contributing to the dirty factor.

But then I got a perm (big mistake.....ewww) and I started washing it every other day.  When my perm grew out, I had gotten used to not watching it everyday, its nice to sleep in a little extra when you don't have to do your hair.

I would occasionally wash just my bangs to give my hair a fresher look.  I would still have a day here and there where my hair was a little dirty on day 2, so I used dry shampoo.  Being a dry shampoo novice I just got what was in the drug store and didn't really think about it.  I was using Salon Grafix Invisible Dry Shampoo...I got it at Walgreens.  It worked fine...the way I figured dry shampoo worked.

Then the other day in the grocery store I saw Rockaholic.  It's more than twice the price of the Salon Grafix, but sometimes you really do get what you pay for...so I thought i'd give it a try...

AMAZING!!!

With the help of the Grafix I could make it 3 days, but day three was a little rough looking.  With the Rockaholic I could easily make it 4 maybe even 5 days without washing!!!  It's amazing!!!  Now, like I stated earlier, its been years since I washed may hair everyday, and its been about 6 months or so since I've been washing it every 3 days (about every other time or so...not every time).  So my hair has gotten accustomed to not being washed everyday...they say it takes a few weeks for your hair to stop producing as much oil.  But I stand by my statement...this dry shampoo is amazing!!!  It smells great it's  easy to use, and it makes you hair look as good as it does the day you wash it!!!

Give it a try...I spend a little more time on day one (volume gel, root lifter, blow dry, curl, add a little Dust It, finish and spray) and then on day two I blow dry for volume, brush, and re-curl...day three use dry shampoo, brush and re-curl...day four use dry shampoo, brush, and wear up!



No comments:

Post a Comment